VAGP represents over 1,000 procurement professionals working in public entities in the Commonwealth of Virginia (state and local governments, educational institutions, special authorities, etc.). All VAGP members support and promote the Virginia Public Procurement Act. VAGP is the largest procurement association in Virginia and is a chapter of the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing.
Purpose of VAGP
- To promote professionalism in public purchasing through continued
- To study, discuss, and recommend legislative improvements in
- To exchange ideas, experiences, and share expert advice on
problems and procedures.
- To promote uniform purchasing laws.
- To develop and promote simplified standards and specifications for