Join VAGP for only $35!
Membership in the Virginia Association of Governmental Purchasing provides public sector professionals the opportunity to improve their effectiveness in the field of procurement. VAGP membership opens networking doors and skill improvement opportunities that may not be available to non-members.
VAGP membership is open to individuals employed by state, county, city, town, authority, school division, or higher education government agencies or subdivisions. VAGP also offers free student memberships to full-time students enrolled in an Institution of higher education and are considering a career in governmental purchasing. All persons involved in the administration or management of procurement functions are strongly encouraged to join.
Benefits of Membership
- Networking - The resources of more than 300 public entities, represented by over 1,000 VAGP members, can easily be accessed to solve procurement related problems, initiate new concepts, and save time and money. Network with other members at educational offerings, conferences and the Associations list serve.
- Education - VAGP classes, developed by the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing (NIGP), are offered to promote certification requirements and address other procurement concerns. Classes are held several times throughout the year at different locations around the state.
- Certification - VAGP promotes professional certification to enhance your "body of knowledge" and prepare you for both the CPPB and CPPO exams. Membership also helps you maintain these certifications by offering re-certification points through conferences and low fee seminars.
- Conferences - Twice a year, members meet to network and participate in workshops and seminars. Members are also eligible to attend the annual NIGP Forum, hosted in different location throughout the country and Canada.
- Scholarships - VAGP members are eligible for two different scholarships each year that may be applied toward any approved professional development course that is job related and would enhance the recipient's skills.
- Awards - Annual awards are presented to VAGP members deemed "Buyer of the Year" and "Purchaser of the Year."
- News & Views - VAGP's quarterly newsletter keeps members abreast of procurement legislation, educational opportunities, employment offerings, and other information that is pertinent to the public purchasing profession.
Download the membership application
or, fill out the online application